Get Adobe flash player here . Please be sure to UNCHECK the McAfee as that is just additional BLOAT in my opinion.
Keep selected prefetch files clear:
Direct links to first (winrar exe ) and second (autoIT installer Updated 2/3/2014 ) ones for quick reference.
August 16 2014 - UPDATE:
1) 64 bit version update ONLY 1.4 here ( its already checked, hit the download button at the top). I will only be programming for 64 bit windows only going forward. The code has been added on github. the link is a few lines down in the highlighted section
2) I added some logic in the installer to create a folder structure withing the 'programdata/scripts' folder as i will be using the scripts folder for more projects
3) Added some conditional if statements into the installer to verify the install of the files and task
4) Changed the xml file to reflect the changes in 1 above.
September 14th 2014 - UPDATE:
This will most likely be my last update in this series as I found a simply way to do this without creating a windows task to run this every 5 minutes, and it was so simple to do.
1) 64 bit version 2.0 only.
2) This is an exe that you double click, or place in the windows start up folder. This will delete prefetch files as they are created; well every 30 seconds. This is a low resource exe and should not hinder your CPU.
3) will show as a red cross in the system tray.
This is based off the actual exe that does the deleting of the prefetch files in my original iteration, with the program running in a infinite loop and using ' IF THEN ' statements to confirm the existence of said files and if so deleting them.
The files in the prefetch that are deleted are:
The download for the V2.0 file is here. Simply click the download button at the top as it is already checked for you.
STEP BY STEP:
1) go to this page:
Flash clean up and re-install
2) Read it, and determine which method you choose to use
3) The download for the V2.0 file is here. Simply click the download button at the top as it is already checked for you.
4) Simply double click and run
THIS DOES NOT INSTALL A WINDOWS TASK AS THE OLDER VERSIONS DID.
You can stop it anytime by going to the system tray clicking on the red cross icon, and choose Exit.
NOTE: the script will pause once you click it, and you have to hit pause again to get it to stop flashing ' pause '.
I will put up another version with a 'hot key set ' to stop it as well in the near future.
The code can be found here
IMPORTANT NOTE: IF you use full screen gaming, then you must use the second link ( right above this sentense) for the one written in AUTOIT, as a compiled exe does the deletions. as you will be booted from fullscreen mode b/c of the .vbs script that does the deletions in the first link.
This Will also not work on computers attached to a domain. it will error out
The version V2.0 will work as it does not create a task.
It is important to note, that now the source code is available I will be only making updates to the 2FireFox-Flash-Fix(x86)_autoBeta installers.
The 1Firefox_1Flash_FIX(x86) version will remain available but any additions or code modifications will not be done to it.
I would like to point out that a thread was started called:
"Proposed new solution to some FlashPlayer problems”
In the Mozilla forums which involved contributors and moderators. Needless to say the moderators and contributors refused to do any testing of my proposed solution. As the vast majority of users want a click and fix solution, and do not want to sit and fiddle with code, and do things they cannot understand because they are not computer literate. I offer at the bottom of page a few links to Mozilla forums where proof of my methods can resolve these issues.
Flash player protected mode: Automated script to disable protected mode for flash player
Disable plugin container in an attempt to resolve the flash player crashes if clearing prefetch files do not work.
I would like to give a special thanks to the following Mozilla forum members for assisting me in confirming my testing and willing to try my methods:
Also thanks to Adobe forum member Troudhyl. Even though either method or various other methods we tried didn’t work for his flash player crash upon startup of some links, this helped me to confirm what it didn’t resolve for sure.
Below is the link for the folder with the proposed fixes, and please be sure to read the info.txt file prior please. You will need winrar to open the archive files. http://www.rarlab.com/
Please note that i can provide limited technical support for these. There is the info word document available to read. I tried to make this a simple as possible. Please be sure to read these.